Frequently Asked Questions

Entering Payee Tax Information for Non-U.S. Citizens or Non-Legal Residents

Last Updated: April 19, 2007 2:11 PM

Foreign payees (i.e., payees that are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent U.S. residents) cannot submit their tax information through our electronic online forms. Instead, foreign payees must complete the applicable forms and fax or email them to

To Add a Payee Account for a Non-U.S. Citizen or Non-legal Resident

  1. Log in to your Account Manager.
  2. From the Customer Info & More menu, select Account Settings.
  3. Select Payee Accounts.
  4. Click Create Payee.
  5. Select I am a foreign person.
  6. Download and complete the applicable IRS W-8 Form (i.e., W-8BEN or W-8ECI).
  7. Fax the completed form and cover sheet to (480) 275-3996, or email the form to

NOTE: Include the login name and payee name for your account with your fax or email message.